SD Card is a very common tool to store data, but sometimes it is frustrating, because you may see some errors when you connect your SD Card to computer, for example, “The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now” or “File or directory is corrupted and unreadable”, it means that you can’t read/write data on your Card. More seriously, if you can’t handle it properly, you may lose those data on memory card for ever.
When you meet this situation, you might be very anxious to restore those data on your SD Card, and you can use cmd to get your lost files back by repair the formatted or corrupted SD Card:
How to Recover Files From Formatted or Corrupted SD Card Using cmd
- 1. Click “Run” at start menu on your computer, then type “cmd” in the input box.
- 2. Type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command promote. For example, your SD Card’s drive letter is “E”, you should type command “CHKDSK E: /r”. The command “CHKDSK” checks the specify disk for structure corruption. The paramter “/r” tells the command to repair the issues it finds.
- 3. Go ahead and choose “Yes”. Chkdsk will report back what it has done and go to my computer and check out your drive.
But sometimes you may not be so lucky like that, and you need a third party software such as SD Card Data Recovery to recover lost files from Micro SD Memory Card. The software can restore your lost data in the much worse situation.
How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card with Card Data Recovery
- 1.Connect your Sd card to computer which install SD Card Data Recovery, launch the software, choose the drive you want to recover and click “Scan”.
- 2.After scanning, you can preview all the files and choose the data you need to recover. Click “Recover”.
- 3.Choose a path to save those data and they will be saved on your computer.
Though the two steps above, certainly you can retrieve lost data on a memory card. By the use of cmd, you only need to input a few instructions on your computer and you can get your lost data back, but it also has some risks, so we need a Card Data Recovery, which can restore lost/deleted files under the worse situation.